Thursday, November 15, 2012

ANGER TURNED INWARD



ANGER TURNED INWARD: RESEARCH NOTES
 My interview with Cloe Jonpaul

Anger Turned Inward Quiz
           _ I don’t like to hurt anybody’s feelings.
           _ Other people might get mad, but I don’t.
           _ It’s hard for me to really care about myself.
           _ Sometimes I might act a little unhappy if I feel angry.
           _ I tell myself I shouldn’t get angry even if somebody else would.
           _ When I say somebody makes me sick, I mean it literally. I just can’t let go of the stress.
           _ All I really want is peace with no conflict.
           _ Even when I’m angry with someone, I feel like I should make sure they are doing okay.
           _ I get mad at myself for things I would comfort others about.
           _ Other people don’t know I wear a mask, because I am so good at it.
           _ Usually I just keep all my feelings to myself.
           _ I feel guilty when I feel angry or resentful.
           _ I am ashamed of myself when I get angry. I should be better than that.
           _ I’m too busy to take care of myself, even if I know I should.
           _ I’m always doing things wrong.
           _ I have an addictive behavior I use when I’m angry. It makes me feel better at the moment, but later I feel worse.
           _ I tend to have accidents when I get angry, like hammering my finger.
           _ Some days I get so angry that I would like to hurt myself.
           _ If I hurt myself, maybe other people won’t hurt me.
           _ It’s hard for me to care about myself.
           _ I don’t care what I do, just so long as I don’t hurt anybody else.

Put a check mark next to the statements that apply to you. Count them. If you have three or more items checked, look at how you can change to treat yourself better. If you have six or more check marks, it’s likely that you have some anger-turned-inward habits that affect your life negatively. If you have eight or more check marks, you definitely have some anger-turned-inward habits to change. Changing a few things could make you feel a lot better about your life.


15% of depressed individuals will commit suicide - the final act of desperation and an avoidable, treatable condition.
Depression limits your ability to make even simple functional decisions – like what to have for dinner. It’s no way to live.http://emptyyourcup.com/blog/stress-relief-from-depression-rage-turned-inward/
Cecil McIntosh, The EYC™ Stress Relaxation Expert with 14 years of experience helping Entrepreneurs like you, stay focused, get more done and find more time, so that you can live in the moment. He is a published author of many audio Relaxation Programs using accelerated learning approaches and a Teacher, NLP Trainer and life Coach. You can reach Cecil at cecil.mcintosh@gmail.com
Dr. Philip Gold of the American National Institute of Mental Health was able to prove that stress and depression trigger the release of emergency hormones, causing brittle bones, infections and even cancer. Brittle bones are a major cause of death among women today. In many people, these stress hormones are no longer merely triggered occasionally but they are kept at constant ‘hyper-readiness’. When they are turned on and stay on for a long time, they destroy appetite, impair the immune system, block sleep, break down bone and shut down the processes that repair cell tissue.
The latest findings in the field of Neuroscience have shown that levels of serotonin, an important neurotransmitter that is linked to the experience of pleasure, are 20-25 percent lower in patients who are at high risk of suicide. Serotonin is particularly active in a part of the brain that controls inhibition, and a lack of the neurotransmitter, or its related chemicals, lowers the amount of control a person has over his actions. This predisposes a person to act on suicidal thoughts.
Suicide is the eighth leading cause of death in the United States. 
Andreas Moritz  IT’S TIME TO COME ALIVE


Anger is an emotional response to a situation. Feeling angry is no more harmful than feeling happy; it takes your brain only 100 milliseconds to have an emotional reaction to something. It takes the next 500 milliseconds for the cortex of our brain to recognize that reaction [source: Johnson]. It's how you respond to feeling angry that matters. You could express it outwardly (you tend to let your feelings out) or you could express it inwardly (you tend to bottle your feelings up).
As many as 12 percent of people with major depression end up committing suicide [source: Friedman].
Sometimes, though, the depression-anger link can seem to work the other way around. Think of the common saying regarding depression: "Depression is anger turned inward." When you feel angry, that feeling is often derived from a sense of hurt, and an angry person may seek to pass that hurt on, or take drastic action to change the anger-inducing situation.
However, when it's externally directed, anger doesn't effect fundamental change in the perception of your situation. Instead, that anger may eventually be directed inward, toward a new found object of hatred: yourself. At that point, self-pity can't be too far behind as you dwell on the inherent unfairness of life, or on the hopelessness of the situation.


1-888-498-4443






No comments:

Post a Comment